Get Off Your Butt and Make Something New!
I get it. It’s easy to make the old favorites because we are all so busy. Add young children into the mix, along with lack of sleep, cleaning, errands, laundry and insert-chore-of-choice-here and the inspiration goes right out the window. Lucky for you, I love to cook and make lists and menus and I am almost physically incapable of eating the same thing more than twice in a week (seriously, leftovers and I have a love-hate relationship). Hopefully I can inspire you to try at least one new recipe this week! If you do, I would love to hear about what you make and how it turns out! It’s also a great chance for you other bloggers to share links to your own blogs (hint, hint).
I am a little nervous about this week because there are several new things that I pulled from my Recipes I Need to Try board on Pinterest AND it’s Thanksgiving! Here’s what this week’s menu looks like:
* Turkey Meatballs with Penne Pasta (these are inspired by Giada they are GOOD)
* Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins from Ina Garten (not a meal but the kids want me to make them. I may eat a few.)
* Spiced Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs from Cooking Light, Salad & Cracked Potatoes
* Salmon with Quinoa Caprese Salad with Basil Oil from How Sweet it Is
* Chicken Quesadillas with Peppers, Caramelized Onions, Pepper Jack Cheese & Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
* Salad of Grilled Portobello Mushrooms Topped with Ricotta and Semi-Dried Tomatoes from Curtis Stone of Take Home Chef (remember that show? How cute is he??). This one isn’t new to me but it is delicious and worth making again!
Thanksgiving is going to be FUN! I didn’t get many suggestions from you guys so I went ahead and created my own turkey-less menu:
* Pork Loin Roast Stuffed With Apple, Walnut, Cranberry, Rosemary Stuffing, Roasted Broccoli w/ Garlic and Lemon, Maple Yams (a traditional favorite of husband), Mini Pumpkin Pies
I will post my reviews and my amended versions of the new recipes over the next couple weeks. Stay tuned and wish me luck!