Where do I start?! OK here are a few of the super exciting things that have happened over the last few weeks:
1) Thanksgiving was great, even though the kids wouldn’t eat 1/2 of the food I made.
2) I stepped in dog poop in my BARE feet. IN.MY.BARE.FEET. Maybe I shouldn’t have complained so much about the pee.
3) Our Elf is back! We have already established that I am the worst Elf mom ever but remember what my husband did last year?
3) I thought I broke my toe but in fact, I just smashed it so hard I caused nerve damage but the bones didn’t break. Obviously, I have toes of steel.
4) I am officially the worst Black Friday shopper ever. I need a whole new wardrobe so I went to the mall, Target, TJ Maxx and Steinmart and came home with $100 in groceries. I suck at shopping for myself and I need an intervention. I also need a new omelet pan and a wooden spoon so feel free to send me one.
5) My son just had his 6th birthday (today, actually) and he proclaimed his celebration (yesterday) to be the “best day ever” so that makes me happy! We actually had to cancel his birthday party but we replaced it with his favorite dinner, a trip to the Dollar Tree and a free movie courtesy of my awesome friend!! Frozen was great, by the way. Even with all of the singing. The new repertoire of songs this season has inspired a lot of creative lyrics from my kids. My daughter is now carrying on the Chickens in Paradise legacy.
6) Oh yeah, and there is also the little news that MY HUSBAND GOT A JOB!! After over 8 months of searching and completing personality assessment after personality assessment he accepted an offer a couple of weeks ago! We will be moving again, but we will be going back to North Carolina and back to our friends and a town we love so that should ease the stress of the move a bit! If we get the house we want we will be moving the week after Christmas so the next couple of weeks are going to be INSANE with packing, applying for kindergarten, finding a preschool, changing addresses, getting cable/internet and OMG just saying all of those things out loud and knowing I just did all of this 1 1/2 years ago make me twitchy. Breathe… OK I am good now.
We are definitely going to miss our new friends here in Roanoke. We are so lucky to have met some truly awesome people who have been crazy supportive and generous throughout this tough time. We are also going to miss the awesome scenery here! Thankfully there will be trails where we are going but it’s not quite the same without the elevation. I am proud to say I have actually run mountains!
So that’s the what’s what in our world. I hope you all had an awesome Thanksgiving and Hanukkah (if applicable). My next project, aside from all of the moving shenanigans, will be to come up with a menu for Christmas. What are your favorite Christmas dishes? I would love suggestions!!